written by (via lulu-a)
written by I really needed to hear that right now. (via halluzinogen)
written by i am trying to be happy, n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
written by learn all 300 bones, hope to feel something more - n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
1) No one has any idea what is going on. There is no “end goal.” Everyone is struggling down one path or another, hoping there is a light at the end of a tunnel.
2) That includes parents. They are just as hopeless as children. Do remember to forgive them when possible. Like everyone, they have ribcages that swell with fears and anxieties and hope.
3) People are temporary, especially now. When someone is permanent, you’ll know. Don’t waste time or energy hanging on to people who do not belong in your universe.
4) That’s not to say relationships are effortless. Any relationship requires a great amount of effort. By that I mean - listen. Listening is the best thing you will ever do for someone.
5) When you feel it is time to speak, think carefully. Do not spend your precious, wonderful breath on words that do not mean exactly what you want to say.
6) If you get used to sleeping in bed with someone, you will feel their touch the first night you sleep alone. That feeling will go away, and then their smell fades from your pillowcase, and then their face becomes a fuzzy memory. The way your heart flutters when you visit a memory? That takes longer.
7) It is not your place to change someone. If you want to try, know it might change you.
8) If he can fuck you well and make you laugh, he is good for the summer. But if he can’t talk about your favorite book, and if his eyes glaze over when you talk about your day, make sure you lose his number when the calendar switches to September.
9) There will absolutely be times when getting out of bed is so staggeringly difficult, it seems as though the world will collapse around you when your feet hit the ground. It is okay if that fear is insurmountable for today. Try again tomorrow.
10) If you still cannot get out of bed after a week (or can get out of bed, but cannot live), talk to someone. Often times, wallowing will fix chasms in your heart and soul. Often times, it won’t. It’s okay to ask for help.
11) His arms around you will not save you from yourself. Remember you were born to build magnificent things, and you cannot do it with your hands pinned to your sides.
written by things i learned the summer before i turned 20 - n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
written by do not make this mistake, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
haven’t ranted in a while but I’m fucking pissed off right now. I just don’t understand anything. I know myself pretty well and I can say with complete 100% not-a-doubt-in-my-mind confidence that I have been a loyal fucking girlfriend my entire dating career. I have given boys my whole heart, despite how many times it has been ripped out of me, and I have been fucking loyal. Loyal, kind, and will drop anything and everything to attend to a fucking problem… and I have evidence to prove this. I’m aware that the whole “why does this happen to me” rant is a little angsty, but still… why the FUCK are girls like me the ones who get fucked over?? It pains my heart to know that there are girls out there who lie and cheat and are just adding nonsense to the selfish human ego… and still somehow have guys wrapped around their finger. Like is it the mystery of their attention-craving stupid fucking soul? What is this attraction?
I can’t figure this girl out. I hate the fact that I gave her the benefit of the doubt and genuinely trusted her and confided in her and desired to be her friend. She has done nothing except show me how fake of a person she is… and like Lauren said, she’s always looking for something. Those are the worst kind of people. Conniving, selfish girls.
Bless the heart of my best friend. Seriously, I have not met someone who is more kind and wonderful than Lauren Farace. I have faith in humanity knowing that she is finally in the relationship that she deserves, and I could not be more proud that her career path is dedicated to helping others. She certainly has the pure heart of empathy to do so. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be money hungry or to wake up and spend the day trying to figure out how to “one up” your best friend. These people that are currently roaming the planet make me angry. Sometimes I just want to give people the depth and understanding it takes to be a good fucking person.
Whatever. I should have known you were bad news since the moment I found out you were a cat person who voted for Mitt Romney.
have to rip yourself
into pieces to keep
i am seeing less and less of you (via pukin)
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
written by things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)